Thursday 5 January 2012

The ONLY resolution you need in 2012!

It's that time of year. We are all making resolutions and setting goals, so its pretty exciting!! 






If you are like me, you have a LONG list of dreams and ambitions, which is great!! However, once we get stuck into the year, we tend to lose that list and forget about the goals we set at the start of the year. 


At the end of last year, READING three books transformed my understanding of marketing my tea business. Therefore I now have two lists of resolutions:


1. My long list of exciting goals.
2. I RESOLVE TO READ






You might be like me - I find a brilliant book, get all excited, start reading it,  make notes, then get distracted and before I know it, it is propping up my ipad as I play Angry Birds.






No more!! 


1. iPad thou will helpest me at all times to read RELEVANT material on apps like Mashable as well as brilliant books;
2. Kindle, thou might not be as sexy as the said iPad, but at least you cannot DISTRACT me with email missives from all and sundry 
3. iPhone, Facebook and Twitter, I love you all but thou will all be getting switched off (I know, heresy!) when I am READING!




Here are some of the exciting ways in which I will be improving in 2012 through more reading:
I will:

  • improve my vocabulary (cool, so a step up from #hurricanebawbag then!)
  • improve my concentration (I really really need this one.......what am I doing again......?)
  • build my self esteem. Wow! With more knowledge comes more confidence. Or I just become really good at pub quizs. But still, I am keen on this benefit!
  • improve my memory ( need this one - see point above!)
  • improve my creativity!! Hurrah!!!!
  • always have something to talk about.......(if I haven't lost all my friends by boasting about my new vocabulary and winning every pub quiz!)
  • reduces boredom. Bye bye Angry Birds.
Who would have known that reading could give you all that?



http://www.inewsindia.com/2008/09/29/10-benefits-of-reading/


In my next blog post, I'll tell you which books transformed my understanding of marketing last year!!


With Kind Resolutions,
The Mama



No comments:

Post a Comment